Correct Aadhaar details :- With Aadhaar gaining importance, spelling errors and other mistakes in your Aadhaar details can to lead to problems. Linking Aadhaar and PAN, which is effectively mandatory for many services, requires that all your demographic details match on both. If there is a mismatch in your name, gender, date of birth on both documents, it means that you may be not be able to link the two. There could be other reasons as well why you may need to update your 12-digit unique identity proof. One of those is if your Aadhaar becomes inactive. Read the full article to know more about how to Correct Aadhaar.
Importance Of Aadhaar Card
According to the UIDAI helpline and officials at an Aadhaar enrolment centre, if you haven’t used your Aadhaar for any transaction, such as linking it to your bank account or PAN, for three continuous years, it can become inactive. If this happens, you will have to update your Aadhaar.
How to update or correct Aadhaar details?
If you’re looking to update your Aadhaar, here I will share with you how you can do it.
As per the UIDAI website, there are three ways to update or correct your details:
1. Update your details online
2. Request update by post
3. Visit a nearby enrollment center
1] Updating Online:
Only those individuals who have registered their valid mobile number with Aadhaar would be able to update it online. Since online transactions are OTP authenticated, registering your mobile number with Aadhaar becomes mandatory.
If you are using online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updation, you can update your Demographic details (Name, Address, DOB, Gender, Mobile & Email). Make sure that your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar while using this service.
For Self Service Update Portal – Click here
- Login to AADHAAR card Online Self Service Update Portal using your Aadhaar number.
- Submit your AADHAAR card name change / correction / surname change request online.
- Scan and upload supporting self-attested Proof of Identity document (soft copy) for Aadhaar card name change / correction / surname change online.
- Once the name change / correction / surname change request is submitted you will given your Aadhaar card Update Request Number, which can further use to track the status of your request.
Check your Aadhaar status – Click Here
2] Updating via post:
To update your Aadhaar details via post, you need to download the form online.
Download the form – Click Here
- Check mark the field that needs to updated on the top of the form, fill it out in English and the local language. Use the same local language that used at the time of your enrolment in Aadhaar and appears in your Aadhaar Letter.
- Fill out the fields that require update/correction. Providing mobile number is mandatory for updation/correction in any of the fields. However, as per UIDAI website, providing email ID is optional. Moreover, the fields required to updated should be clearly indicated in the form.
- Duly filled application form along with the self-attested supporting documents needs to be sent to UIDAI at the given address. Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top.
Post Box No. 10
Madhya Pradesh- 480001 Correct Aadhaar
Post Box No. 99
3] Visiting nearby enrollment center for update:
In case you are visiting Aadhaar Permanent Enrollment Center, you can get both demographics (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile & Email) & bio-metrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph).
You need to carry original documents for updation at enrollment center. Original documents will scanned and handed back to you after updation. You can visit any of the permanent enrollment center for updation.
Find the nearest enrollment center – Click here
How much is the fee:
Updating Aadhaar online and by post can b done free of cost. However, if you are visiting an enrolment centre for the correction / update you need to pay a fee of Rs 25 each time you get your details updated.
As per the UIDAI website, the turnaround time for the updation is 90 days. Your update request will verified by UIDAI representative. Once your request is approved, you can download your e-Aadhaar by clicking “Download Aadhaar” on uidai.gov.in.
Aadhaar letter with updates will delivered at the given address only in case of updation in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender. For Update of Mobile number/Email ID, only a notification will sent on the given mobile number/email ID.
Also See:- You Can Change NIOS D.El.Ed Study Center | dled.nios.ac.in